By completing an online exhibit purchase, I attest I am authorized by my organization to commit funds as described above and agree to the terms described below:
1. Application and contract: The application for space is subject to approval by the Conference Planning Committee, which reserves the right to, at its sole and absolute discretion, accept, reject or limit the exhibit or sponsorship opportunities requested by any organization. The application for space and the formal notice of assignment by the Conference Planning Committee constitutes a contract for the right to use the space allotted. Additionally, MEDNAX reserves the right to not allow an exhibitor/sponsor to return in subsequent years due to inappropriate behavior or other issues that occur at the meeting.
2. Assistance to persons with disabilities: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting who may need auxiliary aids or services are requested to contact the exhibiting management office at 972.518.1600 at least 14 working days prior to the conference so that the appropriate arrangements can be made.
3. Move-in and Move-out:
• Exhibitors are required to use the loading dock at all facilities if bringing in large items.
• Early dismantle is not allowed. Anyone moving out before the designated move-out time may be prohibited from exhibiting in future meetings.
• Exhibitors utilizing appointed contractors (EACs) must notify the exhibiting office or turn in an EAC form at least 30 days prior to the meeting. Proof of liability insurance must also be turned in from the EAC 30 days prior to the meeting.
4. Payment and cancellation: If paying by credit card, your card will be charged in full upon confirmation of your reservation. If paying by check, your check must be mailed within 14 days of your reservation confirmation. This application will not be processed unless accompanied by full payment. Once an application and payment have been received, sponsors and exhibitors will receive a confirmation with additional information. Exhibitor cancellation requests submitted to email@example.com on or before December 19, 2019 will be accepted and a refund will be issued, less a $100 cancellation fee per exhibitor. Cancellations received after December 19, 2019 will not be valid and no refund will be issued.
Force Majeure, Effect on Sponsorship Fee: MEDNAX shall not be liable in damages for any delay or default in performing hereunder if such delay or default is caused by conditions beyond its control including, but not limited to acts of God, government restrictions (including the denial or cancellation of any export or other necessary license), wars, insurrections and/or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of MEDNAX. Sponsor/exhibitor shall be released and discharged from any obligation or liability under this Agreement, including their obligation to pay a Sponsorship Fee to MEDNAX for an Event that is cancelled due to Force Majeure, and MEDNAX will promptly refund to sponsor/exhibitor any applicable portion of the Sponsorship Fee for such Event already received by MEDNAX.
5. Conference registration: Every individual exhibitor must register for the conference. Two exhibitors are complimentary for each exhibit space purchased. Conference sponsors also receive an allotted number of additional complimentary registrations, as outlined in the sponsorship section. The cost for additional exhibitors is $500 per person, and a credit card will be necessary to complete each registration.
Each exhibitor must register by January 24, 2020. Registrations received after January 24, 2020 may or may not be accepted, at the discretion of MEDNAX. Organizations may make substitutions for free until February 20 with written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. After February 20, any changes made, including on-site amendments and onsite registrations, may be subject to an additional fee of $25 per exhibitor.
6. Liability and insurance: Sponsor/exhibitor shall indemnify and hold harmless MEDNAX and its agents or affiliates from all liability which might ensue from any cause related to transporting, placing or removing exhibits. The sponsor/ exhibitor assumes all responsibility for any and all loss, theft or damage to exhibitor’s displays, equipment and other property while on premises, and hereby waives any claim or demand it may have against MEDNAX or its affiliates arising from such loss, theft or damage. In addition, the sponsor/exhibitor agrees to defend (if requested), indemnify and hold harmless MEDNAX and its respective parent, subsidiaries and other related or affiliate companies, from and against any liabilities, obligations, claims, damages, suits, costs and expenses, including, without limitation, attorney’s fees and costs, arising from or in connection with the sponsor/exhibitor’s occupancy and use of the exhibition premises or any part thereof or any negligent act, error or omission of the exhibitor or its employees, subcontractors or agents.
7. List agreement: If using the attendee list that is provided as part of the exhibitor package, the sponsor/exhibitor agrees that: 1) They will not disclose, transfer, duplicate, reproduce or retain any portion of the list in any form, nor will they permit any third party, agent, employee or contractor or their respective agents and employees to do so. 2) The attendee list provided as part of the exhibitor package is only to be used for one email during or after the conference. 3) Recipient email addresses must not be visible in the body or header of emails sent to attendees. The addresses must be in the bcc: line or otherwise disguised by an email client. 4) The attendee list provided to them shall only be used as permitted herein unless specifically in writing by MEDNAX.
8. Ancillary functions: Sponsors/exhibitors must notify the Planning Committee of any ancillary functions planned during the meeting, and these functions must be approved in advance by the Committee and may be subject to fees.
9. Floor plan/space assignments: All dimensions and locations shown on the floor plan are believed, but not warranted, to be accurate. MEDNAX reserves the right to make modifications, to whatever extent deemed appropriate, to the floor plan as may be in the best interest of the meeting. MEDNAX may decline, reassign or prohibit any exhibit that, in their judgment, is out of keeping with the character of the meeting. All sponsors/exhibitors shall ensure that their exhibits are not impeding on other spaces via aisles or height of signs. All exhibits must conform to the IAEE “Guidelines for Display Rules and Regulations.” IAEE Guidelines
10. Fire regulations: To ensure the safety of all participants, exhibitors shall observe all state and local fire regulations. The cost for repairing any damage to the hotel caused by the exhibitor will be billed to the responsible exhibitor. Nothing can be posted, tacked, nailed, screwed or otherwise attached to the columns, walls, floors, ceiling or furniture.
11. Control of events: MEDNAX shall maintain full control over all meeting planning, including content, quality, scientific integrity, implementation, promotion, evaluation, selection of presenters and moderators, and selection of planning committee members, or other persons and organizations that will be in a position to control meeting content. MEDNAX will ensure that meeting presenters and moderators have the requisite qualifications, training, and expertise to conduct such meetings and will not solicit input from sponsor/exhibitor on meeting program content.
12. Sponsor/exhibitor representations and warranties: Sponsor/exhibitor agrees to abide by applicable state and federal laws, regulations and policies, including: 1) the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support, 2) the FDA Final Guidance for Industry Supported Scientific and Educational Activities, 3) the OIG Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers, 4) the PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals, 5) the AMA Guidelines on Gifts to Physicians, and 6) the AMA Ethical Opinion on Continuing Medical Education.
13. Trademarks: Sponsor/exhibitor hereby grants MEDNAX a non-exclusive limited license to use, display, and reproduce its logos, trademarks, service marks, and trade names only in connection with the promotion and advertisement of the meetings and any listing of the sponsors of the meetings during the term of this Application and Contract. Sponsor/exhibitor represents and warrants to MEDNAX and unconditionally guarantees that all of their Trademarks are owned by them or that they have permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements.
14. Nature of relationship: The parties agree that nothing in this Application and Contract shall be construed as creating a joint venture, partnership, franchise, agency, employer/employee, or similar relationship between the parties, or as authorizing either party to act as the agent of the other. Nothing in this Application and Contract shall create any obligation between either Party or a third party.